My Cart

Magnesium performs 5 very important functions for you!

Magnesium is a very important mineral for our body and has several very important roles in our health. Even if your diet is varied/you eat a varied diet, it is not guaranteed that you will get enough  amount of magnesium from your food, so you will need magnesium supplements.

Here are 5 very important functions that magnesium performs in your body:


1. Magnesium is involved in many biochemical reactions in your body.

Magnesium is a mineral normally found all around us: in land, sea, plants, animals, and people.

About 60% of magnesium in the body is found in bones, and the rest (about 40%) in muscles, soft tissues and body fluids, including blood [1].  Every cell in your body contains it in some concentration.

One of the main roles of magnesium is to act as a cofactor or “an auxiliary molecule” in biochemical reactions involving various enzymes.



is involved in more than 600 reactions in your body, including [2]:

  • energy creation: Magnesium helps conversion of food into energy.
  • protein formation: magnesium promotes the formation of new proteins from amino acids.
  • gene maintenance: Magnesium stimulates the production and repair of DNA and RNA.
  • muscle activity: magnesium significantly affects muscle contractions and relaxation
  • nervous system regulation: Magnesium helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages through your brain and nervous system.

Studies show that about 50% of people in the world consume less than the recommended daily amount of magnesium [3].


2. This mineral enhances the effects of exercise and physical activity.

Magnesium also plays a role in boosting the physical activity performance.

If you exercise, you may need 10-20% more magnesium than when you rest, depending on the type of activity [4]. Magnesium accelerates the flow of nutrients to the muscles and reduces lactic acid, which can develop in the muscles during exercise and cause pain [5].

Studies have shown that providing the optimal dose of magnesium can increase exercise performance for athletes, the elderly, and people with chronic diseases [6].

In another study, athletes who took extra magnesium supplements for four weeks had the results of faster running, faster cycling, and faster swimming during triathlons. They also noted a decrease in insulin and stress hormone level [7].


3. Magnesium successfully fights depression

Magnesium plays a key role in mood regulation, and low magnesium level is associated with an increased risk of developing depression [8].

A study involving more than 8,800 people found that people under the age of 65 with the lowest magnesium intake had a 22% higher risk of depression [9].

Various experts believe that low magnesium content in the diet can cause many cases of depression and mental illness [10].


4. This mineral has a positive effect on people with type 2 diabetes

Studies have shown that about 48% of people with type 2 diabetes have magnesium levels in their blood. This can impair the ability of insulin to keep blood sugar levels under control [11].

In addition, studies have also shown that people with low magnesium intake have a higher risk of developing diabetes [12].

The study demonstrated that people with type 2 diabetes who took high magnesium doses had a significant improvement in the regulation of blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c levels, compared to the control group [13].


5. Magnesium can help lower blood pressure

Studies have shown that regular consumption of magnesium can lower blood pressure [14].

In one study, people taking the recommended dose of 450 mg of magnesium per day had significant reductions in systolic and diastolic blood pressure [15]. However, this effect can only occur in people with high blood pressure. It is not detected when it comes to people with normal blood pressure.

To feel the good effects of magnesium, be sure to take it at a satisfactory level.

















Leave your thought

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • Image
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
  • Attributes
  • Custom attributes
  • Custom fields
Click outside to hide the compare bar
Compare ×
Let's Compare! Continue shopping